Preparing for Field Service Lightning Consultant Certification
Decision
I was working for a while and thought of adding new skills. I decided to go for the Field Service Lightning Consultant Certification. As you know, Field service is the extension of Service Cloud, there is a prerequisite to earn FSL certification, that you should first learn and earn the Salesforce Service Cloud Consultant Certification.Field service is nothing, it's just how you manage your field service resources efficiently to distribute and manage your field work.
Unfortunately, I was not able to clear it in the first try which i attempted in 1st week of June. The failure highlighted my weak points due to which i came back strong and cleared it again after 3 week of preparation and revision.
Preparation
I started preparing for it in last week of March 2020.
It is a good start to go through the certification guide to understand the structure and syllabus of the exam:
I started to read the basics of the field service on the Trailhead and watched some introductory video on YouTube (You can easily search with FSL keyword).
I followed below trailmix from start to end:
I followed below blog by Rohit RadhaKrishnan:
I read through the setup/developer guides for field service lighting:
It was very beneficial to go through all example listed in the setup/developer guides
I requested for a FSL playground for default duration of 90 days to run all my scenarios.
Question/Scenarios in the Exam:
When i was not able to clear it for the first time, the lowest score i got in the area of Scheduling and Optimization. Almost 18 question comes from this area and it's very important part of the FSL.
I got questions from below areas in the exam:
- FSL Permission set licenses
- FSL Permission sets
- Work order life-cycle
- Sharing of Work Orders/Service appointment
- Usage of pricebooks on Work orders
- Usage of work types
- Asset hierarchy and relationship with work order and work order line items
- Preventive maintenance and relevant of each of its attribute
- User territory and Service territory
- Ariel vs Street level routing and limitations
- Entitlement process and milestone for work orders
- Mobile setup and usage (offline capability and signature)
- Asset Replacement process at customer site
- Different ways of scheduling and optimization
- All setup and filter options in Dispatch console
- Multi-day service appointment
- Scheduling policies (work rules and Service objectives)
- Geo-location tracking (enabling/disabling for users)
- Updating status of the Service appointment on mobile device
- Usage of time-sheet with work order and work order line items
- Service Report (generate report in customer native language)
- Benefits of Field service mobile app over the Salesforce1 app
- Scheduling and optimizations (Global, In-day (Schedule / Reschedule, Reshuffle, Fill-in, Overlaps, RSO)
- Drip Feed scheduling
There were some tricky question like: if the same user has to play a role of dispatcher and technician what should you do? So your basic understanding of the Field service should be clear enough to answer these type of question.
I hope this will give you some guidance on preparing for the field service lightning consultant certification. Feel free to reach me in case you have any question or you require help on any of the topic.
Wish you best of luck for your future exam ! 👍👍👍
Thanks for sharing good information about Field Service. keep posted and thank you . Best Field Service
ReplyDeleteI was looking for an appropriate clarification for salesforce field service. I much appreciate the administrator for sharing such extraordinary substance on this theme. Presently I have all I require about it. Here’s another enlightening substance for Salesforce Field Service , you will get well-informed data about it here.
ReplyDelete